Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
• For the Crust
• Cold water
• Agave, splash
• Sea salt, pinch
• Grapeseed oil, .5 c
• Coconut flour, .5 c
• Spelt Flour, 1 c
• For the Filling
• Butternut squash, peeled, chopped
• Allspice, to taste
• Agave syrup, to taste
• Hemp milk, 1 c
• Sea moss, 4 tbsp.
- You will need to warm your oven to 350.
- For the Crust
- Place the grapeseed oil and water into the refrigerator to get it cold. This will take
about 10 minutes.
- Place all Ingredients into a large bowl. Now you need to add in the cold water a
little bit in small amounts until a dough forms. Place this onto a surface that has been
sprinkled with some coconut flour. Knead for a few minutes and roll the dough as
thin as you can get it. Carefully, pick it up and place it inside a pie plate.
- Place the butternut squash into a Dutch oven and pour in enough water to cover.
Bring this to a full rolling boil. Let this cook until the squash has become soft.
- Completely drain and place into bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the squash.
Add in some allspice and agave to taste. Add in the sea moss and hemp milk. Using a
hand mixer, blend well. Pour into the pie crust.
- Place into an oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Carbohydrates: 50 g
Fat: 10 g